Friday, June 3, 2011

Russell Lemon Ale

Russell Lemon Ale
Type of beer: Fruit Ale
Container Type: 355 mL can
Alcohol by volume: 5.00%
Country of origin: Canada
Rating: 39% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 4th (today)
Drank From: Mug
website: http://www.russellbeer.ca/
Best for: pouting
Ratings:
Taste: 10/20
Flavour: 7/20
Buy again: 12/20
Aroma: 2/10
Satisfaction: 5/10
Complexity: 1/10
Intangible: 2/10
Handwritten notes: I've had a lot of fruit beers. This one is exactly as expected. It calls itself a "Wheat Ale" but I don't know about that. Tastes very fresh and light, and honey-lemony. It was a warm as fuck day today and they were giving samples of this away at the vendor. By "they" I mean a pathetically persistent middle-aged man watching hoser after hoser buy cases of Labatt Blue. He told me "it just came in yesterday!" I thought, what the hell? It's actually a yard and a half better than macro crap I could be drinking right now. Plus those dudes giving samples at the vendor are always so grateful when you buy the product. I want that guy to be tucking himself into bed tonight and saying "today was a good day". Here I go, on a fruit beer kick. Heraclitus, you were right, all things are in flux, including my taste buds. Too bad you had to have "clit" right there in he middle of your name.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #472 of 3,652

No comments: