Friday, June 3, 2011

Deschutes Black Butte Porter

Deschutes Black Butte Porter
Type of beer: Porter
Container Type: 12 oz bottle
Alcohol by volume: 5.20%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 75% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Drank From: Ginny glass
website: http://www.deschutesbrewery.com
Best for: Pretending you're Batman
Ratings:
Taste: 16/20
Flavour: 15/20
Buy again: 15/20
Aroma: 6/10
Satisfaction: 7/10
Complexity: 8/10
Intangible: 8/10
Handwritten notes: A neat-o Porter, reminding me why I like Porter. It certainly isn't "too much" and therefore it is a Goldilocks beer. (Remember that term. I have just coined it. Every time you use it you MUST pay Pat Riley $17.41). Somehow the lightness of a porter allows more space for the dark beer flavours to roam. On second sip, there is a sort of not-unpleasant woody taste that is omnipresent. You know, you drink over 500 different beers and you begin to become jaded. I say "Oh, another porter. Great." when I should be saying "OH, another Porter!!!! GREAT!!!" I think this beer has revirginized* my taste buds. Well, it's not that dramatic, but it's pretty solid.

*patent pending
---------------------------------------------
Beer #474 of 3,652

No comments: