Friday, June 4, 2010

Widmer Brothers Drop Top Amber Ale

Widmer Brothers Drop Top Amber Ale
Type of beer: Amber Ale
Container Type: 355 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 5.00%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 65% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $1.25
Tasted on: 6/4/10
Colours of label: Orange/Brown/White
Drank From: Mug
Label Reads: "Brewers of Quality Beers"
Best for: Watching the Food Network
Ratings:
Taste: 11/20
Flavour: 11/20
Buy again: 15/20
Aroma: 8/10
Satisfaction: 7/10
Complexity: 6/10
Intangible: 7/10
Handwritten notes: I'm 3 beers into the 62 different ones I've recently brought back from the US and A, and I have yet to be hop-bombed. While I'm sure that will come, this beer is a pleasant billowy maple syrup nutty piece of work. This is what Rickard's Red aspires to be. It's still not my favourite style, but alright for a early-summer eve. I'd probably look this beer up at some point in the future just to say w'sup. I wouldn't seek it out, but (as many a lascivious old man has said) I wouldn't kick it out of bed for snoring.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #393 of 3,652

No comments: