Friday, June 4, 2010

Redhook Mudslinger Spring Ale

Redhook Mudslinger Spring Ale
Type of beer: Brown Ale
Container Type: 355 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 5.20%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 75% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $1.25
Tasted on: 6/4/10
Colours of label: Green/Brown/White
Drank From: Mug
Label Reads: "Nut brown Ale", "Liquid Goodness since 1982."
Best for: Waxing patriotic
Ratings:
Taste: 14/20
Flavour: 13/20
Buy again: 16/20
Aroma: 8/10
Satisfaction: 8/10
Complexity: 8/10
Intangible: 8/10
Handwritten notes: This is a lightly nutty hazelnut brown beer. I'm not sure what the gold-standard is for a nut brown ale, and I don't really much care. Along this crazy journey I have learned not to give much of a care what the beer is called, or what it purports to be. I am focused on what it is. The fact that Labatt Blue called itself "Pilsner" used to really piss me off. Then I watched an episode of "NOVA" about the immensity of the universe that really put my petty beefs in perspective. Now I just want a good beer and you can call it "yo momma" if you want so long as it plays nice with my tongue. The reason I say all this is that this beer has a bite at the end with venomous hoppy fangs. That may not be classic "nut brown ale", but fuck it all to hell. It's a good beer. Do you know how big the universe is? Then just shut up and drink your beer.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #392 of 3,652

No comments: