Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Shiner Hefeweizen

Shiner Hefeweizen
Type of beer: Hefeweizen
Container Type: 355 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 5.40%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 74% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $1.25
Tasted on: 6/8/10
Colours of label: Orange/Yellow/Tan
Drank From: HP Glass
Label Reads: "Handcrafted in Shiner, Texas since 1909 the little brewery has been the source of every drop of shiner brew. Distinctive flavors brighten every sip of this wheat ale as it's brewed with a hint of clover, honey, and orange and lemon peels".
website: www.shiner.com
Best for: crossing bridges when you come to them
Ratings:
Taste: 13/20
Flavour: 13/20
Buy again: 18/20
Aroma: 7/10
Satisfaction: 7/10
Complexity: 6/10
Intangible: 10/10
Handwritten notes: Why do I like this beer? I can't really say. It leaves spotty yeast-marks at the bottom of my glass. It refreshes like a tall glass of lemonade after mowing the lawn. It's definitely one of the best hefe's I've ever had. It doesn't taste like chewed up wheat, it doesn't punch you in the junk with unnecessary flavours. It is neither over-achiever, nor under-achiever. It simply is. Wow. I've never done a Shiner beer before, and I can't wait to see what else these fools have up their sleeves. Bra-frickin-vo.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #398 of 3,652

2 comments:

Print koozies said...

This is very useful site for us. Thanks for this wonderful gift.

Bard said...

I love your website and I can see you've spent countless minutes learning English. How much for 200 Koozies that say "LICK POUCH". By the way, I only want 65.