Monday, June 7, 2010

Rogue Juniper Pale Ale

Rogue Juniper Pale Ale
Type of beer: Pale Ale
Container Type: 355 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 5.30%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 67% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $1.25
Tasted on: 6/7/10
Colours of label: Black/Turquoise/Red
Drank From: Mug
Label Reads: "Dedicated to the Rogue in each of us", "Ale brewed with Juniper Berries".
website: www.rogue.com
Best for: letting lying dogs sleep. Er...
Ratings:
Taste: 13/20
Flavour: 13/20
Buy again: 12/20
Aroma: 7/10
Satisfaction: 8/10
Complexity: 7/10
Intangible: 7/10
Handwritten notes: I wouldn't call this a "spiced beer", no matter what my beloved and precious Beer Advocate says. The juniper, if it is there, is simply a background and passing fancy. Calling this a juniper beer would be like calling the 1947 Brooklyn Dodgers a "multi-ethnic team". Technically true, but c'mon. With that said, this is a pretty good pale ale, with a lot of roundness and not a lot of bite (or spice). Those of you gin-fiends will be out of luck, as this beer tastes like beer and nothing like the UK's favourite breakfast beverage.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #397 of 3,652

3 comments:

Lost said...

I'm slow. What's the connection between the beer and gin flavor?

I'm not a gin kinda guy...

-Lost

Bard said...

Juniper berries, my man, the dominant flavour in gin.

I don't care for Gin either, unless I'm rollin' down the street smokin' endo.

Ugh. Just kidding.

Lost said...

You know what's hilarious? That song has been in my head all day and I only just now figured out why.

-Lost