Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sam Adams Pale Ale
Type of beer: Pale Ale
Container Type: 355 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 5.25%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 64% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $1.25
Tasted on: 6/20/10
Colours of label: Green/Gold/Tan
Drank From: Mug
Label Reads: " This distinctive and refreshing American ale is brewed in the classic style with the finest English ale hops, and lightly roasted specialty malts. Hand selected Fuggles and East Kent Goldings hops impart a crisp, dry finish to this flavorful authentic Ale. Cheers!"
Best for: expecting rain
Ratings:
Taste: 14/20
Flavour: 13/20
Buy again: 12/20
Aroma: 6/10
Satisfaction: 6/10
Complexity: 7/10
Intangible: 6/10
Handwritten notes: I'm not sure I expected this taste, and I'm not sure that I want it, either. This is an almost Canadian tasting Pale, with a predominance of malt and astounding lack of hops. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just that I saw "Pale Ale" and fortified my bunker for a hop bombing. But good for Sam, for taking the kamikaze approach instead. This is a mild but somewhat pleasing beer that slips away with no aftertaste, really leaving you no option but to have another beer. Marketing genius.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #408 of 3,652

No comments: