Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Breckenridge Pandora's Bock

Breckenridge Pandora's Bock
Type of beer: Bock
Container Type: 355 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 7.50%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 72% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $1.25
Tasted on: 6/19/10
Colours of label: Blue/Brown/Red
Drank From: Glass
Label Reads: "Fine Colorado Ales", "Traditional Beer".
website: www.breckbrew.com
Best for: Gettin' the stank off your clothes
Ratings:
Taste: 14/20
Flavour: 13/20
Buy again: 15/20
Aroma: 8/10
Satisfaction: 7/10
Complexity: 8/10
Intangible: 7/10
Handwritten notes: The weight of this beer is like a thick fruit juice. Compared with the other Bock (Shiner Bock, reviewed next), this one has a more musky and fruity taste, washed away with a nippy little bitter bite. I prefer this to Shiner, but it may just be the high ABV creating phastasmic flavours on my palate. "Irregardless", Pandora's Bock is a clever as fuck name and I am a sucker for those. So much so that I think of them in the shower and during my commute. I think I'll create a list of beer names that I've thought up and I think are clever. Public domain. Steal away, brewmasters and brewmistresses. Steal away.
---------------------------------------------
Note: it appears that many of the beer names I thought up have been used before. I guess I'm not as clever and original as I think.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #409 of 3,652

No comments: