Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tree Brewing Hop Head IPA

Tree Brewing Hop Head IPA
Type of beer: India Pale Ale
Container Type: 341 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 5.60%
Country of origin: Canada
Rating: 70% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $unknown
Tasted on: 3/15/10
Colours of label: Green/Brown/White
Drank From: HP Glass
Label Reads: "Signature IPA. Loaded with Hops. TREE Brewing Company takes craft brewing seriously. We brew in small batches using only water, malt, hops, and yeast to produce the highest quality, award winning beer. Try our selection of all natural unpasteurized beers, sure to satisfy some of the most discriminating craft beer drinkers & judges. Drop by the Brewery located in beautiful Kelowna, British Columbia and we'll show you firsthand how we make great beer. Until then...Cheers!"
website: http://www.treebeer.com/
Best for: wanting, waiting... hoping
Ratings:
Taste: 13/20
Flavour: 13/20
Buy again: 16/20
Aroma: 7/10
Satisfaction: 7/10
Complexity: 7/10
Intangible: 7/10
Handwritten notes: Aah, who says that hosers can't make a brutal straight-up grapefruit IPA? Not I said the fly. And this is what this mutha fuzza is. It has been 6 months since I had my last "GFIPA" and I had to go outside and putz around with my barbecue on a 4ºC day to convince myself that summer has come. There is a time and a place for a GFIPA. The time is summer, and the place is my gullet. How refreshing. How life-affirming. Props to the Notorious J.O.W. for shipping this across Provincial lines for me.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #388 of 3,652

No comments: