Friday, May 27, 2011

Rogue Mocha Porter

Rogue Mocha Porter
Type of beer: Porter
Container Type: 12 oz bottle
Alcohol by volume: 5.30%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 59% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Drank From: Glass
website: http://www.rogue.com/
Best for: Lightening the mood
Ratings:
Taste: 12/20
Flavour: 11/20
Buy again: 10/20
Aroma: 7/10
Satisfaction: 6/10
Complexity: 7/10
Intangible: 6/10
Handwritten notes: I expected more of a chocolate flavour, but I don't see it. Nevertheless, this is a nice porter, with a light opening and gradual build to the classic dark flavours, then fading to black with a spiteful bite. A previous beer I reviewed from Rogue had the same shtick - claiming to be flavoured with something that doesn't come through in the beer. Ah well, that's a good thing I guess.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #441 of 3,652

No comments: