Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Shiner Kosmos Reserve

Shiner Kosmos Reserve
Type of beer: Lager
Container Type: 355 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: ??%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 47% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $1.25
Tasted on: 6/16/10
Colours of label: Cream/Grey/Black
Drank From: Glass
Label Reads: “Kosmos Spoetzl knew how to brew great beer. Born in Bavaria, Kosmos’ mastery of German brewing carried him as far as Egypt before he found his way to the small Texas town of Shiner. Our proud brewery still carries his name and commitment to excellence in brewing. This full-flavored, hop-jacked lager is every bit as unique as the man himself and our way of saluting the brewmaster who started it all.”
website: www.shiner.com
Best for: drifting along with the tumblin' tumbleweeds
Ratings:
Taste: 10/20
Flavour: 10/20
Buy again: 9/20
Aroma: 6/10
Satisfaction: 6/10
Complexity: 3/10
Intangible: 3/10
Handwritten notes: Lonely, but free I'll be found... drinkin' Shiner Kosmos? I'm not sure what to make of this one note sort of beer. It has the malt and the carbonation and not a whole heck of a lot more. It's not the greatest thing I've ever tasted, and quite honestly it tastes like something Fort Garry Brewing would make and label "premium". That is, it tastes like it was made for the mustachioed Canadian palate. But this hoser ain't playing ball. I don't drink to make myself cry. You see, a lot of Canadian males use beer as a sort of a daily pon farr to release the emotions their daddies told them to keep bottled up. What am I talking about? I thought this was a beer blog. I apologize, dear reader(s). Anyways, try it or don't, I don't give a shit.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #405 of 3,652

No comments: