Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bell's Rye Stout

Bell's Rye Stout
Type of beer: Stout
Container Type: 355 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 6.70%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 75% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $1.25
Tasted on: 6/9/10
Colours of label: White/Grey/Brown
Drank From: Glass
Label Reads: n/a
Best for: walking in the park and reminiscing
Ratings:
Taste: 15/20
Flavour: 15/20
Buy again: 16/20
Aroma: 8/10
Satisfaction: 8/10
Complexity: 6/10
Intangible: 7/10
Handwritten notes: Remember that time, last summer, when I didn't want anything to do with dark beers? Remember that time I gave Stella an 87%? The good thing about self-reflection is that you can realize how much of a prick you really are. This is a clean-palate Count chocu-stout, leaving only a smattering of bitterness behind. The flavour is coconut banging bold and for that I am eternally grateful. To conclude, summertime is a great time for dark beers so long as you want it to be. I am not such a big fan of mind over matter when I've been kicked in the nuts, but I believe that anytime is a good time for a Rye Stout.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #400 of 3,652

No comments: