Sunday, March 14, 2010

Half Pints Burly Wine

Half Pints Burly Wine
Type of beer: Barleywine
Container Type: 341 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 10.5%
Country of origin: Canada
Rating: 93% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $6.50
Tasted on: 12/28/09
Colours of label: Gold/Brown/Red
Drank From: HP Glass
Label Reads: "The Winnipeg winter warmer", ""craft brewed in Winnipeg MB Canada".
website: www.halfpintsbrewing.com
Best for: wind-swept winter eves
Ratings:
Taste: 18/20
Flavour: 19/20
Buy again: 19/20
Aroma: 9/10
Satisfaction: 10/10
Complexity: 8/10
Intangible: 10/10
Handwritten notes: Being the Half Pints beer I'd hear the most about and never tried, I had some pretty high expectations of this selection. This is a lovely and hoppy warmer. It has an almost syrupy consistency, but not boozy (believe it or not). I had visions of some huge liquor bomb that would send me reeling into tearful childhood memories of past Christmases. Instead it just brought me to the rosy-cheeked days of Christmas present. Wow. What can I say that ain't already been said about this beer? If it was a woodwind instrument, this beer would be a bassoon. Whew, that ABV sneaks up on you...
--------------------------------------------
Beer #382 of 3,652

No comments: