Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fort Garry Brewing Fort Gibraltar

Fort Garry Brewing Fort Gibraltar
Type of beer: Lager
Container Type: 473 mL can
Alcohol by volume: 5.0%
Country of origin: Canada
Rating: 35% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $2.30
Tasted on: 2/12/10
Colours of label: Red/White/Black
Drank From: Bears
Label Reads: "Fort Gibraltar Premium Lager is craft brewed in small batches and naturally aged without preservatives. Fort Garry brewing company uses only the finest ingredients".
website: www.fortgarry.com/
Best for: Making snow taffy
Ratings:
Taste: 8/20
Flavour: 7/20
Buy again: 6/20
Aroma: 3/10
Satisfaction: 4/10
Complexity: 3/10
Intangible: 4/10
Handwritten notes: I first thought, on sipping this bad boy, "aah, Red Kool-Aid". You can just tell by drinking it that it is "Red". And that's just disgusting to me. One thing I'd like to impart, if I haven't done so already, is that I (like most of you kind readers) am from a community whose beer consumption is as plentiful as its beer ignorance. See, for example, this tool-pouch's comments when I insulted a local beer. We think that premium is that stuff you pay extra for. If we pay an extra 20 cents per bottle, we will convince ourselves that the taste is better. I may not be a lot of things: a good credit risk, a hard worker, etc but I am objective. C'mon Fort Garry. This beer is sickly sweet and offensively smooth, like the panties of a high-class hooker. (By the way, this beer is brewed for the Festival du Voyageur, which is pretty much an excuse for local Frenchmen to prance around in lumberjack outfits kissing little boys with their rustly beards).
---------------------------------------------
Beer #379 of 3,652

No comments: