Sunday, October 18, 2009

Samuel Adams Brown Ale

Samuel Adams Brown Ale
Type of beer: Brown Ale
Container Type: 355 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 5.35%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 64% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $1.15
Tasted on: 10/18/09
Colours of label: Brown/Yellow/White
Drank From: HP Glass
Label Reads: "This traditional ale is brewed with an interesting blend of malts giving it a complex malt flavor with deep notes of toasted malts, biscuit, nut, and caramel. The hops in this satisfying ale are Noble Spalt from Bavaria and citrusy Goldings which we select from a single farmer we know in Brittian's East Kent. Cheers!"
website: www.samadams.com/
Best for: Watching the New England Patriots win gracefully
Ratings:
Taste: 13/20
Flavour: 12/20
Buy again: 12/20
Aroma: 8/10
Satisfaction: 7/10
Complexity: 6/10
Intangible: 6/10
Handwritten notes: The smell of this beer is inviting. The taste, however, is a one-note pony. If I were blindfolded I would guess this beer was black (not brown). The deep, coffee-roast and malt (almost balsamic) taste is all-pervading. I tend to disfavour coffee flavoured beers as much as I disfavour fruit flavoured beers. The flavour is bold, don't get me wrong. I have to give props where props are due, whatever that means. I just don't think I like this beer very much. Props notwithstanding.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #316 of 3,652

No comments: