Thursday, October 22, 2009

Boulevard Single Wide IPA

Boulevard Single Wide IPA
Type of beer: India Pale Ale
Container Type: 355 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 5.70%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 68% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $1.25
Tasted on: 10/20/09
Colours of label: Blue/Green/Yellow
Drank From: Red Man Mug
Label Reads: "In time-honored brewing tradition, we’ve added a small amount of yeast to this ale just before packaging to produce a secondary fermentation in the bottle. The yeast, which settles naturally to the bottom of the bottle, encourages further maturation and contributes to the ale’s complex flavor."
website: www.blvdbeer.com
Best for: living up to your expectations
Ratings:
Taste: 13/20
Flavour: 12/20
Buy again: 15/20
Aroma: 7/10
Satisfaction: 8/10
Complexity: 6/10
Intangible: 7/10
Handwritten notes: I like this beer, but I've come to expect more from my libations than a simple fishbine-like glass of unsweetened grapefruit juice. This is somewhere between ultra bitter and kind of sweet, and it was exactly what I knew it would be. It's good and, hell yeah, I'd drink it again. But I would not shiver in anticipation waiting for the first sip. Maybe I need to go to prison for a bit to appreciate the everyday things. Most of all, don't make claims that the beer is complex when it is not. Don't spit in my bathwater and call it Mr. Bubbles.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #320 of 3,652

No comments: