Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bell's Amber Ale

Bell's Amber Ale
Type of beer: Ale
Container Type: 355 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 5.50%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 76% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $1.25
Tasted on: 10/22/09
Colours of label: Maroon/Tan/White
Drank From: Mug
Label Reads: "You hold in your hand the Flagship of the Bell's family, Amber Ale. A unique copper ale crafted from mostly pale malts for a rich sweet flavor unlike any other."
website: www.bellsbeer.com
Best for: Ringin' them bells
Ratings:
Taste: 13/20
Flavour: 15/20
Buy again: 15/20
Aroma: 8/10
Satisfaction: 8/10
Complexity: 9/10
Intangible: 8/10

Handwritten notes: The first words I spoke to myself after sipping this beer were "it's actually quite floral". It is, but that's no reason to talk to yourself in a pretentious tone. I have actually heard that talking to yourself is a sign of good mental heath. I care as much about mental health as I do dental health, and I've never flossed in my life. The beer itself is less snobby than that, winding through unknown (or unfamiliar) fruity and flowery countryside. I do like uniqueness, and this 'un has it.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #327 of 3,652

No comments: