Sunday, August 28, 2011

Rogue Chipotle Ale

Rogue Chipotle Ale
Type of beer: Ale
Container Type: 650 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 5.50%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 87% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Drank From: Bears
website: http://www.rogue.com/
Best for: Paying customers only!
Ratings:
Taste: 17/20
Flavour: 16/20
Buy again: 19/20
Aroma: 8/10
Satisfaction: 10/10
Complexity: 7/10
Intangible: 10/10
Handwritten notes: This review I'm doing "on the fly" (drinking as I type). The first thing I said to the clerk in buying this beer was "that sounds like a terrible idea". People, I love hot peppers. I currently have 20 different strains growing. With that said, to be more brutally honest I am not having a good intestine day. So much so that I was forced to make a white-knuckle stop at a Subway bathroom. Even so, I am drinking this beer -- and it is good. The taste is almost like a rauchbier, except that, as time goes by, the back of your throat does battle with a wee bit of capsicum. This is the first beer that actually tastes good when you belch it up. I'm in love.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #532 of 3,652

No comments: