Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Abita Turbodog

Abita Turbodog
Type of beer: Brown Ale
Container Type: 12 oz bottle
Alcohol by volume: 5.60%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 65% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Drank From: Ginny glass
website: http://www.abita.com/
Best for: smelling your armpits
Ratings:
Taste: 12/20
Flavour: 11/20
Buy again: 13/20
Aroma: 6/10
Satisfaction: 8/10
Complexity: 7/10
Intangible: 8/10
Handwritten notes: Kind of a tootsie roll flavour... not quite chocolate, but caramelly and chocolate-esque. But there is a kind of tinny bitterness that I'm not sure plays well with the softer cocoa notes. At the very least, this beer is interesting, and a refreshing offering from a micro brewery. I can't wait to see what the industry will be putting out in 8 years. I can't imagine, and I dare not. Remember those old 1950s movies where the great Martian invasion of 1995 happened? And we were all flying around in jet cars and had robot servants? I don't want to fall victim to that unfortunate prognostication. Ah fuck it, I predict a Brussels sprout flavoured beer. Once we see this happen, the apocalypse will surely follow. Forsooth, muthafuckas!!
---------------------------------------------
Beer #484 of 3,652

No comments: