Monday, May 30, 2011

Abita Purple Haze

Abita Purple Haze
Type of beer: Hefe-Weizen
Container Type: 12 oz bottle
Alcohol by volume: 4.20%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 40% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Drank From: glass
website: www.abita.com
Best for: sleeping late
Ratings:
Taste: 6/20
Flavour: 7/20
Buy again: 6/20
Aroma: 5/10
Satisfaction: 3/10
Complexity: 6/10
Intangible: 7/10
Handwritten notes: 'scuse me while I drink this guy!! I do love raspberries in real life and I have an equal "dis-love" for fruit beers. Are these for girls? I don't get the market. Anyhoo, I was wondering what the heck purple has to do with raspberry. However, the raspberry taste is quite faint and (I can't believe I'm saying this) actually tastes purple. One time in my first year of University I was in a class called "enjoyment of music" and the teacher would play a record (yes, an actual LP) then, at the end of the song ask the class if they had any "colour sensations" listening to it. How the fuck does Bach sound orange? I quit the class after 2 weeks, as I did not begin smoking marijuana until a year later. Even so.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #466 of 3,652

No comments: