Saturday, October 17, 2009

Paulaner Oktoberfest Bier

Paulaner Oktoberfest Bier
Type of beer: Märzen
Container Type: 1000 mL can
Alcohol by volume: 6.0%
Country of origin: Germany
Rating: 62% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $14.90
Tasted on: 10/7/09
Colours of label: White/Blue/Red
Drank From: Oktoberfest stein
Label Reads: n/a
website: www.paulaner.de
Best for: a light snack
Ratings:
Taste: 11/20
Flavour: 12/20
Buy again: 10/20
Aroma: 7/10
Satisfaction: 8/10
Complexity: 6/10
Intangible: 8/10
Handwritten notes: After spending countless hours rummaging through thrift shops looking for my very own Oktoberfest stein, there it was. Fifteen bucks was a small price to pay, as I was willing to shell out $20 on ebay for one just like this. Unfortunately I bought this beer on a Tuesday night and as such I was only able to finish a third of it. I'm not a big Oktoberfest guy, in fact I've never been. The real, and perhaps astonishing truth about me is that I don't drink to get drunk. The most drunk I've been in the past 3 years was after the friggin 8-ball of O.E. I reviewed. The beer itself is a standard strong German style beer. It really has no personality of its own, which I assume goes hand in hand with the serving size being one litre. As such the most descriptive thing I can say about it is: it's really big.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #310 of 3,652

No comments: