Sunday, August 9, 2009

Kirin Ichiban

Kirin Ichiban
Type of beer: Lager
Container Type: 355 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 5.0%
Country of origin: Japan/USA
Rating: 62% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $3.40
Tasted on: 7/27/09
Colours of label: Gold/Yellow/Silver
Drank From: glass
Label Reads: "The authentic first press beer".
website: www.kirin.com
Best for: waiting for a bus
Ratings:
Taste: 11/20
Flavour: 13/20
Buy again: 12/20
Aroma: 7/10
Satisfaction: 6/10
Complexity: 6/10
Intangible: 7/10
Handwritten notes: At first, after tasting this beer I was slapping my cheeks in surprise at an Asian beer that did not taste like the air from bicycle tires. I began writing a glowing review praising this as the saviour or Asian beers. But upon reading the label I realized that this beer is made in the US. Those pricks straight-up Pearl Harbored me!! Overall, this is drinkable but unremarkable for an American brew.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #243 of 3,652

No comments: