Thursday, July 23, 2009

Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale

Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale
Type of beer: Ale
Container Type: 550 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 5.0%
Country of origin: England
Rating: 89% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $4.50
Tasted on: 7/21/09
Colours of label: Brown/Gold/White
Drank From: Go Bears 2010!
Label Reads: "Product of England"
website: n/a
Best for: Revelry
Ratings:
Taste: 18/20
Flavour: 18/20
Buy again: 18/20
Aroma: 9/10
Satisfaction: 9/10
Complexity: 8/10
Intangible: 9/10
Handwritten notes: Dear sweet God of beer, I've been so far removed from good ale that I've lost any sense of reality. Then along came Sam. This beer has a perfect bitter/sour taste and flavour of roasted coffee and chocolate, but not in a bad or in a usual way. Heavens, no. The flavours are blended and played so uniquely and so well that it brings a tear to my eye. This is why I do this, boys.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #228 of 3,652

No comments: