Sunday, July 26, 2009

Labatt Genuine Lager

Labatt Genuine Lager
Type of beer: Lager
Container Type: 355 mL can
Alcohol by volume: 5.0%
Country of origin: Canada
Rating: 6% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $1.50
Tasted on: 7/21/09
Colours of label: Silver/Gold/Black
Drank From: Glass
Label Reads: "Naturally Aged - No Preservatives", " 150 years of brewing tradition".
website: www.labatt.ca
Best for: gutting fish
Ratings:
Taste: 1/20
Flavour: 1/20
Buy again: 1/20
Aroma: 0/10
Satisfaction: 2/10
Complexity: 0/10
Intangible: 1/10
Handwritten notes: I found this beer in my recent foray to Kenora. It is not available in my Province. The can graphic was exactly the same as a now-defunct beer called "Labatt Genuine Draft". This was popular during the "Genuine Draft" craze of the mid 1990s. Now I suppose this beer is Labatt's lager, with all of their effort making "Pilsner" focused on Labatt Blue. Ugh. This is just the same flavourless back-sweat as other Labatt products. At this point I am becoming flummoxed with macros. There's more difference in various brands of hot dogs than there is is the macros in this country. But what puzzles me most is why the fuck I just said "flummoxed".
---------------------------------------------
Beer #232 of 3,652

No comments: