Sunday, June 28, 2009

De Koninck

De Koninck
Type of beer: Pale Ale
Container Type: 330 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 5.0%
Country of origin: Belgium
Rating: 88%% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $3.00
Tasted on: 6/22/09
Colours of label: Red/Green/White
Drank From: Margarita glass (I did my best, folks)
Label Reads:"Belgisch Beer"
website: www.dekoninck.be
Best for: star-gazing
Ratings:
Taste: 17/20
Flavour: 18/20
Buy again: 17/20
Aroma: 10/10
Satisfaction: 8/10
Complexity: 9/10
Intangible: 9/10
Handwritten notes: Zip-a-dee-doo-dah. One of the most original tasting beers I've had in a dog's age. The smell is light and grassy, with woody caramel tones poking through. The taste is sharp caramel and fruity cloves, or some other spice. Perfect takeoff and flawless landing. I wonder if people living in Belgium drink Labatt's Blue and dream of living in Canada.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #197 of 3,652

No comments: