Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summit Maibock

Summit Maibock
Type of beer: Bock
Container Type: 355 mL bottle
Alcohol volume: 6.7%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 66% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $0.90
Tasted on: 5/26/09
Colours of label: Brown/Blue/Green
Drank From: Glass
Label Reads: "Est. 1986, St. Paul, Minnesota".
website: www.summitbrewing.com
Best for: listening to Kraftwerk while eating perogies
Ratings:
Taste: 12/20
Flavour: 13/20
Buy again: 12/20
Aroma: 8/10
Satisfaction: 8/10
Complexity: 7/10
Intangible: 6/10
Handwritten notes: A proper maibock, but still not my favourite type of brew... a sweet and rounded, good-smelling beer for making the spring twilight blur into obscurity... A spring beer. I fully intended to transcribe a quote from Thoreau's "Walden", the chapter on spring. I actually had it all typed out and ready to go. But then I thought that was really the action of a pretentious dick with 2 University degrees and nothing to show for it but a pile of student loans. So instead I will "get outta MAI dreams, get into my car!!". Ah, that's more low-brow, uh?
---------------------------------------------
Beer #158 of 3,652

No comments: