Saturday, May 2, 2009

Half Pints Stir Stick Stout

Half Pints Stir Stick Stout
Type: Stout
Container Type: 341 mL bottle
Alcohol volume: 5.6%
Country of origin: Canada
Rating: 56% (see below)
Number of times I've had this type: 1st
Cost: $1.67
Tasted on: 4/27/09
Colours of label: Tan/Brown/Red
Drank From: bulbous glassware
Label Reads: "roasted coffee aroma with chocolate flavours".
Best for: leafing through the obituaries in the morning to see if any of your old classmates from high school finally committed suicide.
Ratings:
Taste: 11/20
Flavour: 12/20
Buy again: 10/20
Aroma: 7/10
Satisfaction: 5/10
Complexity: 7/10
Intangible: 4/10
Handwritten notes: I'm a man who is as passionate about his stimulants as he is about his depressants. That is, I am also a coffee snob. It actually makes me mad that people think Tim Horton's coffee is "the best". With that being said, this beer tastes like coffee. And good coffee at that (don't get me wrong, this is not friggin' Timmies)... but I'm really not in the market for a coffee when I'm drinking a beer. I would not like warm beer-flavoured coffee either. I would bet anything that coffee has been added to this beer.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #118 of 3,652

No comments: