Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Big Rock Pale Ale

Big Rock Pale Ale
Type: Pale Ale
Container Type: 341 mL bottle
Alcohol volume: 5.0%
Country of origin: Canada
Rating: 74% (see below)
Number of times I've had this type: 1,432
Cost: $2.00
Tasted on: 4/28/09
Colours of label: Green/Yellow/Red
Drank From: glass
Label Reads: "State-of-the-art traditions", "The art of brewing has remained virtually unchanged for over 4000 years. These traditional methods have been replaced by modern technology, solely designed for the production of beer in commercial quantities. Not at Big Rock. Using all natural ingredients, our beers are handcrafted, brewed in small batches, and cold filtered to produce a pure malt beer". "The Big Rock namesake [referring to a picture of a rock]... a huge, glacial boulder south of Calgary. Ed liked it."
website: www.bigrockbeer.com/
Best for: getting drunk in the basement when you're 19 years old, out of school, and job-less
Ratings:
Taste: 15/20
Flavour: 16/20
Buy again: 15/20
Aroma: 7/10
Satisfaction: 7/10
Complexity: 7/10
Intangible: 7/10
Handwritten notes: BIG ROCK PALE ALE!!! Can you imagine? The beer that I grew up on. I had all but thought it was gone from my life. Then I walked into the Dak (see link to the right) and there it was. Reminds me of being 19 again, livin' life the same way I am now, but with a lot more energy and a lot less flab. Now, to the review. This has the same flavour beneath but something has been taken from the full flavour ... I seem to recall a full flavour and intense bitterness... 13 years of smoking cigars perhaps?... still a great taste, the same North American Ale, with bitter notes and excellent after-taste... I tried a second one a little warmer than the first - sitting on the counter for 10 minutes before I opened it... pow, there it was. There's my boy. So if you try this, don't drink it ice cold, for goodness sake.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #115 of 3,652

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have no beer #114