Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Grain Belt Premium

Grain Belt Premium
Type of beer: Lager
Container Type: 355 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 4.60%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 28% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $1.00
Tasted on: 10/30/09
Colours of label: Gold/Red/Silver
Drank From: Tall ass glass
Label Reads: "The beer of exceptional quality", "The unique Grain Belt bottle cap neon sign, in downtown Minneapolis, is 40' x 40' and was constructed in the 1940's"
website: www.grainbelt.com/
Best for: tailgating
Ratings:
Taste: 6/20
Flavour: 3/20
Buy again: 10/20
Aroma: 3/10
Satisfaction: 2/10
Complexity: 2/10
Intangible: 2/10

Handwritten notes: If this ain't Leinie Sunset Wheat I'll punch myself in the sternum. It's Sunset Wheat and a gallon of water. I first had Grain Belt Premium at a St. Paul Saints game in 1998. I bought it from "Wally the Beerman". I love that man. He gives new meaning to the words "heeey, here we go cold beer peanuts!". The beer was a watery, honey piece of work then, and it's the same now. It's better than macro-macro, but worse than motor oil.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #342 of 3,652

No comments: