Sunday, November 29, 2009

Breckenridge Remarkable Vanilla Porter

Breckenridge Remarkable Vanilla Porter
Type of beer: Porter
Container Type: 355 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 4.70%
Country of origin: United States
Rating: 82% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $1.25
Tasted on: 11/8/09
Colours of label: Tan/Red/Brown
Drank From: Glass
Label Reads: "Ale brewed with real vanilla beans", "Original mountain recipe", " Seldom seen never duplicated".
website: www.breckbrew.com
Best for: obtaining racial harmony
Ratings:
Taste: 16/20
Flavour: 16/20
Buy again: 17/20
Aroma: 8/10
Satisfaction: 8/10
Complexity: 8/10
Intangible: 9/10

Handwritten notes: Wow, this is truly remarkable. Of all of the beers that appear to be "gimmicky", this one is one of the best (if not the best). The vanilla is a genius pairing to the chocolaty stout, like a vanilla/chocolate swirl ice cream. I hesitated to try this beer because it sounded like a gross idea for a beer. How outrageously wrong could I be? I would pour this shit on my Lucky Charms. Fantesticle.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #359 of 3,652

4 comments:

Lost said...

This sounds absolutely awesome. I wonder if I can get it in Massachusetts...

-Lost

the said...

Yip, one of the best beers out there.

spotted face said...

I was hesitant to try it. I'm not much of a sweet-flavored beer drinker. But this was awesome.

Bard said...

I ain't one for the sweets, neither, but, bammo!

Where you been at, W.O.?? Probably like me, this stupid thing called "life" got in the way of irrelevant beer blogging.