Thursday, October 8, 2009

Innis & Gunn Triple Matured

Innis & Gunn Triple Matured
Type of beer: Ale
Container Type: 330 mL bottle
Alcohol by volume: 7.2%
Country of origin: Scotland
Rating: 84% (see below)
Number of times I've had this beer: 1st
Cost: $6.50
Tasted on: 9/29/09
Colours of label: Blue/Gold/White
Drank From: HP Glass
Label Reads: "Brewed in small batches", "Hand-Crafted Scottish Beer", "Scottish beer triple matured in selected oak barrels", "We are delighted to present this limited bottling of Innis & Gunn which has been TRIPLE MATURED in select oak barrels. The result unique process is a seriously smooth beer with enormous depth of flavour. We hope you enjoy this beer as much as we do".
website: www.innisandgunn.com
Best for: Trippin'
Ratings:
Taste: 17/20
Flavour: 17/20
Buy again: 15/20
Aroma: 8/10
Satisfaction: 10/10
Complexity: 9/10
Intangible: 8/10

Handwritten notes: Dear God - a caramelly, stouty 'splosion. This makes me happy I bought a single beer in a box despite the fact that it's the definition of pretentious. This is like a kiss from an angel, but not a male angel with a handle-bar moustache who smells of KFC and old spice and kisses you behind the dumpster of some high school. No sir. It's like a kiss form a bona-fide angel who (I guess) died as a hot chick. I am "sassified". And I can always tell when I'm sassified, cuz I start calling the beer's name, like Innis & Gunn... Innis & Gunn...Innis & Gunn...Innis & Gunn...Innis & Gunn... oooooooh, shit, Innis & Gunn.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #308 of 3,652

No comments: