Friday, April 24, 2009

Half Pints St. James Pale Ale

Half Pints St. James Pale Ale
Type: Pale Ale
Container Type: 341 mL bottle
Alcohol volume: 4.8%
Country of origin: Canada
Rating: 71% (see below)
Number of times I've had this type: 1st
Cost: $1.75
Tasted on: 4/24/09
Colours of label: Tan/Yellow/Red
Drank From: Standard Glass
Label Reads: "Welcome to Sunny St. James", "Craft brewed in Winnipeg, MB Canada"
website: www.halfpintsbrewing.com
Best for: hanging an awning
Ratings:
Taste: 14/20
Flavour: 13/20
Buy again: 15/20
Aroma: 6/10
Satisfaction: 9/10
Complexity: 7/10
Intangible: 8/10
Handwritten notes: My first foray into this craft-brewed beer brewed on my doorstep... I kind of feel like a kid at a rock concert: "Yeah!!!! St. James!!! I work in that neighbourhood!!!"... really, this is quite a pleasant beer . I have to be honest and say that's I've seen this Half Pints stuff for about 5 months now and never bought it because the packaging is so plain and boring. That makes me hate myself, but so be it. At least now I know. The only problem I had is that it smells a bit yeasty, like baked bread, but not in a good way, like if you had the flu and all you wanted to do was barf and your mom started making bread. But the taste, wow! It took me right back to being 18 years old and drinking Big Rock Pale Ale. Nice solid flavours that make you want more. Malty goodness abounds.
---------------------------------------------
Beer #110 of 3,652

No comments: